Tracking your Shipment
Below are list of shipping providers that seem to be the most commonly used by Amazon to ship to Israel. Click on the link of the appropriate provider and copy and paste your shipping number (as provided by Amazon in “Track Package”) where applicable on the shippers site.
- Aramex – https://www.aramex.com/
- DHL – https://www.dhl.co.il/exp-en/express/tracking.html
- Federal Express – https://www.fedex.com/en-us/home.html
- i-Parcel – https://www.aftership.com/couriers/i-parcel
- Israel Postal Service – https://mypost.israelpost.co.il/itemtrace
- UPS – https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/
Amazon Customer Service
Amazon offers a number of ways to contact their customer service departments.
You can call Amazon directly for quick answers, but you need to have an Amazon account with a mobile phone linked to it. Amazon’s customer service phone number is 1-888-280-4331.
Via Online Chat
- While logged in and on the main page, scroll to the bottom of the page and, under the column labeled “Let Us Help You,” click on “Help.”
- On the next page, under the heading “Browse Help Topics,” hover over (or tap if on mobile) “Need More Help?”
- Click “Contact Us” from the menu that appears to the right.
- On the next page, select the general area of concern from the four topics offered “An Order I Placed,” “Devices,” “Digital Content and Services,” or “Prime or Something Else.”
- Click the drop down bar(s) under “Tell us more.”
- Click the button that appears with the word “Chat” to commence an online conversation with a customer service rep.
Pirce Comparison Tool
Use our tool to compare the price of a product on Amazon, with shipping and tax fees, and see how much you can save compared to buying to Israel