Historically Amazon has always provided products that ship to Israel with paid shipping. In addition, while not necessarily widely popular they have offered free shipping to Israel. The problem was that the free shipping threshold was $75 (on total order) which is the same amount that begins to incur Israel import tax fees. With the new lower Amazon threshold of $49 (on total order) Israelis can reap the benefits of free shipping without exceeding the import tax limit. In other words, those who purchase between $49 and $75 (total order) now benefit from paying local U.S. prices.
With all that said, Amazon has not made it particularly easy for users to search and find specific products that Ship Free to Israel. In the example below are a combination of products listed together some of which state.
- “Ships to Israel” – Paid shipping
- “Free Shipping to Israel on Qualifying Orders over $49”
- “More Buying Choices” – Which in many cases means that the products do not ship to Israel. It’s imperative that if you are looking for Free Shipping that you choose the correct item
Guide to ordering via “Free Shipping to Israel”
- Make sure your default shipping address is set up with an Israel address
- Identify and select product you wish to purchase. Make sure it has the identifier “Free Shipping to Israel on Qualifying Orders over $49”
- Add to Cart as you normally would
- If the individual Item is over $49 than you automatically qualify for the Free Shipping. If not, you must add items in order to reach a TOTAL ORDER of $49 or greater.
- Review your cart and checkout
- Purchases $49 – $75 – NO IMPORT TAX
- Purchases over $75 – Import Fee Deposit is now included –(IMPORTANT – AMAZON CALCULATES Import Fee Deposit BY RETAIL VALUE PRIOR TO ANY COUPONS OR PROMOTIONS) – For more information on the Amazon Import Fees Deposit policy Click Here
- Combined Purchases – Combination of products that qualify for Free Shipping to Israel and those that do not (i.e. “Ship to Israel” = Paid Shipping). Note that Amazon indicates that only part of the order qualifies for Free Shipping. The shipping cost of any items that do not qualify will be added at checkout