Like all are accustomed to, Amazon offers the opportunity to either hold items in your cart, move items from your cart to “Save for Later”, or add them to specific lists.
It’s important to be aware that Amazon and/or its third party sellers reserve the right to change the terms of the sale. This can mean price fluctuations either up or down, shipping restrictions applied or removed, and of course the availability of the item.
This can have an impact in various ways when looking at items that can ship to Israel.
Impact of Cost Fluctuations on Free Shipping to Israel
- Price of an item goes up – As such, either the item itself now exceeds the $75 Import tax or pushes your total order over the $75 Import tax threshold. It can also push you over the $49 minimum for free shipping
- Price of an item goes down (Good News)! – As such, either the item itself is now below $75 Import Tax limit or decreases your total order below the $75 Import Tax threshold and you may be able to add more items if you wish
- More importantly, you must be aware that a decrease may also have the impact of reducing your total order under the $49 minimum, and would incur shipping costs unless the order is added to
- Shipping to Israel or Free Shipping to Israel of a particular item is at the discretion of the seller (either Amazon or 3rd party). With this in mind, it’s important to note that shipping terms and conditions on an item can change – even overnight.
- A Real Life Example: An individual had multiple items in their cart all designated as Free Shipping to Israel and waited 2 days to finalize and proceed to checkout the order. On going to checkout, Amazon indicated that not all the items in the cart now shipped free. After looking through the various items in the cart the individual determined that one particular item, while still available to ship to Israel, was now designated as not free. In fact, the shipping cost was about 9x more than the cost of the product!
We should state that this does not always happen but it is something to be aware of and take into consideration.
Ultimately, our recommendation is, if you want to avoid the possibility of price fluctuations or shipping terms changes check the items out of your cart as soon as possible.